A Choice between Electric, Gas or Fuel Cell Cars - The Choice Is Yours

11. August 2013 17:18 by Ron in Misc.  //  Tags:   //   Comments (7)

With the new cars being powered with hydrogen fuel cells, we are only a year away from what was once a dream of the future. Leading the race in manufacturing fuel cell powered cars; Toyota is ahead although General Motors, Hyundai and Honda are not that far away. A Fuel Cell car (FCVs) has the potential and ability to significantly minimize the dependence on foreign crude oil and has lower harmful emissions which are one of the contributors to the ever changing climate. FCVs only run on hydrogen gas rather than the gasoline. FCVs practically emit no tailpipe emissions which are harmful to the environment and its by-product is almost only water. As per Wade Hoyt, Toyota spokesman, during a CBSNews.com interview, "We see fuel cells as the ultimate answer (down the road) to zero-emission vehicles. By 2020, we're going to have fuel cells as an important part of our portfolio".

Fuel Cells and how they Work
A fuel cell is a device that converts the chemical energy from fuels into electricity by means of a chemical reaction with an oxidizing agent or oxygen. Hydrogen is the most commonly used fuel, but hydrocarbons such as alcohol like methanol or natural gas are sometimes used. The electricity produced is what drives the electric to propel the automobile. The hydrogen gas is stored in hydrogen storage stacks which are compressed at very high pressure to maximize the driving range. The electric motor is propelled, to make it run more smoothly, efficiently and more quietly than the old internal combustion car. And it seldom requires maintenance.

With some of the prototypes, a battery with a high output is where energy is stored and is generated from regenerative braking, providing a much supplemental power to its electric motor.

Thomas Bosco, the Port Authority's interim director of aviation said, "The vehicle is extremely quiet, that takes some getting used to". According to CBSNews.com, "The vehicle barely made a noise. I kept pace with gas powered cars and the acceleration was better than the expected in comparison to four cylinder engines".

About 400 miles is the range of the fuel cell cars, almost equivalent with the gas powered cars and nearly twice the range of the current electric cars. Making a standard equipment and range with models and makes will surely be not easy.

Comments (7) -

Chadwick Casaceli
Chadwick Casaceli
9/3/2013 8:19:13 PM #

I just want to mention I'm very new to weblog and absolutely enjoyed this web blog. More than likely I�m want to bookmark your blog . You certainly have tremendous stories. Bless you for revealing your web page.

Handmade Jewelry
Handmade Jewelry
9/4/2013 11:59:50 AM #

I�d need to verify with you here. Which is not one thing I generally do! I take pleasure in reading a submit that will make individuals feel. Moreover, thanks for permitting me to remark!

Copper Jewelry
Copper Jewelry
9/14/2013 3:29:16 PM #

Immigration… [...]the time to read or pay a visit to the content material or websites we have linked to below the[...]…

cork board ideas
cork board ideas
9/22/2013 1:19:20 AM #

I have to thank you for the efforts you have put in writing this site. I'm hoping to see the same high-grade blog posts by you later on as well. In truth, your creative writing abilities has motivated me to get my own blog now ;)

top facial plastic surgeons Santa Rosa
top facial plastic surgeons Santa Rosa
12/1/2014 9:30:02 AM #

Undeniably believe that which you said. Your favorite reason appeared to be on the web the simplest thing to be aware of. I say to you, I definitely get irked while people think about worries that they plainly do not know about. You managed to hit the nail upon the top and also defined out the whole thing without having side-effects , people could take a signal. Will probably be back to get more. Thanks

best breast plastic surgeons Santa Rosa ma
best breast plastic surgeons Santa Rosa ma
12/1/2014 1:45:34 PM #

I do agree with all the ideas you have introduced on your post. They are really convincing and will certainly work. Nonetheless, the posts are very brief for novices. Could you please lengthen them a bit from next time? Thanks for the post.

facial plastic surgeon Santa Rosa ma
facial plastic surgeon Santa Rosa ma
12/2/2014 12:36:41 AM #

I am also commenting to let you understand of the brilliant discovery my friend's princess gained studying yuor web blog. She mastered too many details, which include what it is like to possess an incredible giving nature to have other individuals without problems fully understand several very confusing subject areas. You really exceeded my desires. Thanks for imparting such productive, healthy, revealing not to mention easy tips on the topic to Mary.

biuquote
  • Preview

Calendar

<<  December 2014  >>
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
24252627282930
1234567
891011121314
15161718192021
22232425262728
2930311234

View posts in large calendar